All of my fishing gloves are fingerless, as it is very important to feel the line with your finger tips. During the summer I wear a pair of light weight gloves (Sun Gloves) to protect my hands from the suns harmful rays and the thin leather palm gives me a good grip on the rod and the fish (we hands first).

Then winter rolls around and I put away the sun gloves. I carry three pair of gloves with me at all times during the winter, all are fingerless. I have a pair of neoprene gloves and two pair of wool gloves. As a wool pair gets too wet, hence too cold, I switch over to the other wool pair. Then the last ones I put on are the neoprene. There is less feel with these gloves but they do keep your hands warm, even when a little wet.

Something I have started doing the last couple of years is using the HotHands type hand warmer. These are packets that you remove from a plastic pouch and expose to the air and the heating process starts. They are small enough to tuck into the back side of my glove so the heat packet rests against the back side of my hands, right where all the blood vessels are located. This really warms up the blood in the hands and actually helps with the fingertips as well. Naturally you can't get your hands soaking wet when using these.

Glad to see you are getting ready for the winter fishing season, winter is a great time to fish.

Larry ---sagefisher---