+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wader Life?

i have the simms guide weight for 12yrs now with only minor pin holes, great waders for the money. i use them about a hundred days a year and can say that they have held up very well, i will but another pair soon to replace these tired old war horse.
    Catch and Release So Others Can Enjoy Them

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Unhappy Afraid to answer!

I'm almost afraid to answer this question because I know that the next time I step into my Hodgmans, I'll have a major flood pouring down both legs because I bragged about their durability. I've had my breathables about six years and I've put them through their paces pretty hard. I've been highly satisfied with their durability and performance. 8T

Simms Guides. I bought mine in 2001 and fish them approx. 25 trips per season, around 4-5 hrs per trip. I brush-bust a little between spots but I'm careful.

I sent them in for numerous pinhole leaks and paids Simms a small fee b/c they replaced the booties.

I like them so very much that I bought another brand new extra pair from a co. out west that had the older guides on sale at 40% off. A no-brainer for me....Still in the box in the closet for when the time comes!

Terribly comfortable! But my arse looks big...

Jeremy.

I'm hard on wader, too! I'm subject to have to set on a rock and have a little rest period, which is hard on the seat. Then, climbing over logs ... in and out of the water. Show me something in a stream where you could possibly snag your waders on and I'll find it!

So other than doing something to cause a leak, I've found that taking care of the waders when not in use extends their life. I have these wooden wader hangers where they hang fully stretched out. Seems to work for me.

Dale

Update on my waders. I took them in to Sportsmans Warehouse, where I bought them, the clerk asked what was wrong, I told him, he asked what size and then went and got me another new pair without even batting an eye! I was very impressed with the response and the great service. I guess you could say that my original pair is still going, just newly refurbished.
    I've enjoyed everyone's responses and would still love to hear more. It sounds as though the Simms' products are getting the highest votes for quality and durability and will be getting the nod from me when the time comes down the road.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread