Quote Originally Posted by gzacckey View Post
I tested the suction mount without the unit attached for a day or so just to be sure it maintained good suction in the extreme cold and being warmed by the sun. It fell off after day one. Then I made sure the windshield and suction cup were completely clean before I reattached the mount. I've been using the suction mount on my windshield for about 2 months with no issues. The mount has been attached the entire time but I do remove the GPS unit when not is use. I don't see any point in letting everyone know it's definitely in the car.

To all GPS owners here's one little tip. You may not want to input your exact home address in your GPS. Especially if you have a garage door opener. If someone steals your vehicle or just your GPS and opener they now have access to your home.

I don't keep anything (e.g. registration) in my vehicle with my home address for the same reason.
Damn man, I thought that I was the only paranoid bastid in the world. I like the way that you think. Thanks for the security tips.