I want to thank everybody for the help. Great information, and not only for this trip but lot's of good info for future bass and bluegill fishing. I thank Moturke for the pictures, printed in color so I can try to copy them. Yeah, I went to the Panfish Archives before asking...and geez....printed the list.....SIX page list of articles! Therefore I just asked. Knew the board would fix me up. UP HERE meant Show Low, Arizona....generally referred to as the White Mountains. Lot of lakes and streams here for trout. Some lakes have warmwater fish but just haven't gotten to them yet. Sooooo...I haven't fished the warm water lakes of AZ. Apache Lake is closer to Phoenix.... and will probably fish like San Carlos, Roosevelt....etc. It's a desert lake. Friends asked us to spend Thanksgiving with them...at Apache Lake...they have been going there for 9 straight years. So we accepted. Turns out to be 9 days of camping there. Should be lots of relaxing time, time to tie flies, clean lines, etc. The campsite has all hookups, and is right on a cliff overlooking the lake and they say every night they build a big campfire right on the edge by the lake. Should be a fantastic trip. Thanks to all and Nighthawk, yup (that's pronounced pooeee backwards, <grin> ) I printed your information on the squirrel and fly. Thanks loads. I won't be pestering you guys for awhile.

Sincerely appreciative,

Gem