You are in for a treat - you're going to love that rod!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cpholley View Post
Which Reel do you guys have on your Helios? (and what wgt is your rod?) I've heard the feel of this rod greatly depends on the reel and the weight of that reel.
I have an 8'6" 5 wt. Right now, I have a CFO III on it, but have a Tibor Tailwater on order. Nothing wrong with the CFO, I just like the Tibor reel better. The Tibor is 0.6 oz heavier. I don't really notice a difference between the reels when casting. Can't tell you anything else about that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by cpholley View Post
Do the "dots" that you use to line up the pieces actually fit closely together? I assembled the rod in my house, haven't been able to take it outside for a cast (cold front and all) but have noticed the dots on each ferrule don't actually come together...they fit about an inch apart from eachother, just wondering if this is normal.
Yep, this is normal! Don't try to force them closer! They are called spigot ferrules. I am not a rod builder, so there is probably a lot more to this, but the energy transfer between rod sections is supposed to be smoother with this type of ferrule.