Good morning FF.
I understand some of the forms of nymph fishing, the American one, sorry I have never heard of it.

As a thought, maybe it is a case of the Federal Government just throwing money at the fish and praying to get a return ?

And back to these different forms of tricking fish with a nymph.

Each method has a common factor and that is to fish WHERE fish are and NOT cast to anywhere in the stream or lake. As simple as it may sound, most people cast out and hope a fish finds the fly, where with each of these methods the angler casts into the location be it even 3 feet by 3feet in area AND how to fish these locations.

To you or anyone wishing to increase their catch/hook-up rate of most freshwater fish, I would suggest that they obtain and read, at least twice, a book because the first time, it is pure information overload for the human mind and this book makes a angler really think of all the missed chances of hooking a fish.

The book is,
Masters of the Nymph.
Publisher: Lyons
First published in 2002
ISBN: 1585747041
Author: Wright, Leonard M.

The book has chapters from the World's Masters of nymph fishing and their methods and how they apply their method to finding and tricking fish.

I would go so far as to further suggest that this book is a must have for any angler.

Kind regards,
UB