lastchance,

You do not need to go as far as I did on mind. My other Medalist works just fine and the only parts I changed on it was to purchase the counerbalance and the drag plate from One-Pfoot. His high profile counterbalance weighs the same as the handle which will balance out the spool and his drag plate is great. It has 8 indents on both sides which makes for a very smooth and I feel quiet/soft click on retrieve or when line is pulled out either by the user or a fish. All the other parts I had installed were for cosmetic looks only and are not really needed for improving the actual function of the reel. I had it done because I really liked the looks on Bamboozle's reel and just had to have one of my own. I used it today on my 4 weight and and it not only looked great, it also performed great and I doubt if there was another one like it on the whole river! I am fascinated with the brake mechanism! Such a simple but very strong design. Enjoy your Medalist and contact Bill at One-Pfoot either by phone or e-mail. He is very easy to talk to and he will be honest with you. His products are of the highest quality and well designed.

I do not represent One-Pfoot nor do I gain from giving him free advertisement. I am just a very satisfied customer of his and will be a future customer with other Medalist reels.