From the 1970's to the early 1990's the Susquehanna made a good recovery. Budget cuts and increasing population since the mid 1990's have damaged the river again. There was a strong effort to clean up acid run off from mines but it seems even that has been stopped. There is a host of other things that have damaged the river as well. Acid run off from mines is a very big problem through out the entire state of Pa. It has ruined many good trout streams that I fished as a teenager. Another concern for the Susquehanna is the problem with heavy metals and chemical pollution. The local fish warden tells us not to eat any bottom feeders. They are contaminated with mercury, pcb's and chlordane. It's shocking to read the rules digest that comes with your license and see how many waters are under do not eat advisories and no kill zones. The Ohio water shed is just as bad if not worse.

Bamboozle, I agree. He is always on time for the games because he gets a state trooper to drive his limo over 100mph on the turnpike. Let you and I do that and see what we get for it.

------------------
Eric "nighthawk"

It's a great day for fly fishing!