+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tundra Tech wading jackets

Default Tundra Tech wading jackets

Anyone ever used or have any experience with this jacket or brand. Ive heard and read good things about it. Thanks for the feed back.

http://dryangler.com/Store/index.php...0&reviews_id=1

Thanks

Seege

Here's on fella's review;
    http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...cket-3140.html

Here is the company web site. It's a new company and it started with ball caps.
    http://www.driftcreekoutdoors.com/

At that price it's worth a try for sure. It has my interest!!
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 11-09-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Well, we both just spent two days in solid rain fishing for salmon. We used the rain jackets from Chota and I can't say enough good things about them. I can't imagine any product doing any better. First time in my life that the rain just didn't bother me at all. I (we) highly recommend them.
    I'll add this too. She mentioned it in her column this week also, Ghost Fish.

Lightbulb

I'll chime in and agree with Jim.

My Orvis tailwater seems to be takin' on water now, but I'm not yet sure if it's humidity from me, or water getting in.

The Chota is still going strong after several seasons. (The Orvis must be about 8 years old now):
    Christopher Chin

Why would you consider buying a jacket you've never even seen, from a company you've never even heard of?? Why not buy something you've tried on in a shop and like or maybe a recommendation from a friend. Other then that go with a company you like, Orvis, Simms, Chota etc or another company with a good reputation.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Default Tundra Tech

I have gone through two sets of Tundra Tech, first set lasted one season and then may as well have been made out of landing net material... it was replaced... second set did likewise.

This jacket is very similar in looks and design as the Simms G3. On the good side, it uses dry zippers... if only the material was as good as the Simms...

The caveat however, I am out in the weather every day as a guide and the gear gets a very hard workout in the Alaska climate. Even my G3 has seen some leakage...

I will be looking for new gear for the next season and am looking at the Simms G4. But, based on the previous posts, may consider Chota as well.

Take my advice (worth exactly what you are paying for it), pay a little extra and get the name brand. I think your return on investment will be well worth the initial pain.

Good luck

I would agree with you. I still like to research and do my home work though. And as far as Simms I own a pair of their waders and will probably never buy anything else if I can afford it. Just heard of a new product and wanted some opinions.

Seege

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMAN View Post
    I would agree with you. I still like to research and do my home work though. And as far as Simms I own a pair of their waders and will probably never buy anything else if I can afford it. Just heard of a new product and wanted some opinions.

Seege
    You are very wise to do the research. There are new products and new improvements to old products almost every day. The Tundra Tech does indeed look very good in the store and on their web site. That is why doing your research on forums like these where you can get unbiased, experience based opinions are very valuable.

Happy Trails

+ Reply to Thread