Hi Robert,

I tie mine with double legs too. I don't run the hook through the rubber though. I start mine at the front, using a piece of foam strip, the first half of which is about 1/8" wide and wrap it down to the bend of the hook.

The half of the foam strip for the front is about 1/4 inch wide. I wrap the tread to the middle of the hook, bring the foam forward and tie it down in the center of the hook and tie in the sets of double legs on each side. I then bring the thread forward to just behind the eye and tie down the head.

The spider could very well be yours, Robert, as I think a lot of us tie similar spiders. Those spiders have a lot going for them: simple and quick to tie, very tough and they hold well to catch a lot of fish before giving up the ghost, float well without waterlogging, cheap to tie, and they work great.

I used to tie a lot of colors, but now tie mostly charteuse, yellow, peach, and tie a few with some other colors such as brown and black. Mine are all tied on Mustad 9672s and are all #10 and #12s.

What colors work best for you?

Regards,

Gandolf