Mantis;
Although I love fly fishing passionately,having done it since my college days in the 60's at U of WYO ( GO POKES) it occupies such a small part of my totality that no inferences can be drawn from my reaction to or with it.I simply have a very practical approach. I concentrate on where I fish and what I catch much more than what I catch it with. I have certain priorities and balance everything so that I don't feel I deny myself or my family any of our needs. I am also an audiophile and spend money on the better sound equipment. I enjoy fine automobiles but choose to restore older BMW's ( 6 series in particular)instead of buying the new expensive versions.For the sake of my childrens education I live in the best area I could afford and then some. I feel that I live a good life within the means I have provided for myself and my family. Am I a tightwad, cheapskate or other such, I think not. But It'll be a cold day over there before I can justify to myself the worth of a $600+ fishing pole.
BTW: If I could afford it, I would buy a Strad in a heartbeat but THAT would be a SMART investment a TOTALLY different issue.

Tis topic is a "roll your own" kinda thing and nobody will be convinced to see the "light" produced by the other side.

Mark

------------------
I'd rather be in Wyoming!