Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
I really like Jeff's idea of a challenge box or two. What I usually do with flies that I thought would work, but for some off reason don't, or just flies that I thought would be fun to tie, is give them away on the "For Sale" board. ....
Ron and Jeff -

I really like two of the ideas that you, and others, have provided.

First, I'm thinking I will put together a challenge box and send it off to Jeff to see if those flies will work for him on his water !!

Second, I'm going to go through all the flies I would otherwise "salvage" with the thought of offering them to a "senior member" of the BB who does not tie his / her own flies.

Hmmmmmmmm ......

John

P.S. Jeff - I was just kidding. No way I would expect you to challenge yourself that way.

On the other hand, I can't wait to get those flies that are in the mail. I am pretty sure I will get a 25 mile drift boat ride down a section of the South Fork of the Snake this coming Thursday - many miles of which is not accessible except by drift boat. Wish us luck - hope to get some pics of South Fork cutts and browns with some New Zealand flies stuck in their jaws. My challenge is to take nothing but the flies you sent, assuming they get here in time ?? Come on, postal service !!

P.P.S. Steve - that is a great collection. Thanks for the link.