Got started on building the rod yesterday. By late afternoon, I had the reel seat assembled and epoxied and the grip prepped. This morning I did the final assembly on the reel seat and grip and epoxied them to the blank.

This afternoon, I was ready to start with the guides, spacing, aligning, and perhaps wrapping a couple if I got that far. BUT, before I started with the guides, I happened to notice a comment by spoonplugger on my earlier thread regarding guide sizes. His comment caused me to take another look at the spacing and size chart I was using, and to realize that I had misinterpretted it to the point of really screwing up on the guides.

This post is not to update my progress on the rod build. It is to explain why I want to publicly thank spoonplugger for taking the time to make an observation on the earlier thread, which observation saved me from a mini-disaster.

On a broader note, spoonplugger represents so many people on this Forum who so freely give opinions, advice, suggestions, information, THEIR EXPERIENCE AND WISDOM, all of whom have earned and deserve my respect and gratitude.

THANKS to you all.

John