+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vice

Hybrid View

I have the odyessy spyder from cabela's that cost about $80 and is working very well for me tying saltwater flies from sizes 6-3/0 no plastic on it either unlike some other less expensive rotary vises I have seen

sounds like you are planning on tying the rest of your life. buy a dyna king or renzetti and be done with it.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

If your going to stick with tying panfish and Bass patterns in the larger sizes and used to non rotary vises...then I'd go with a Griffin of stationary nature...If you want to add the rotary function to the new vise..Then you still might be best served by going with a griffin vise with such capabilities....I've used and owned the Dyna kings,Renzetti...Which I'm still using...and had I known then what I know now...I'd have just stuck with my Griffin Odyssey..and Saved myself a Whole lot of money and agravation......Love my Renzetti...But it,Nor any other vise I've tried does anything, any better then my Odyssey did..
    Last edited by billknepp; 05-04-2008 at 11:23 AM.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

You might also take a look at the "Anvil Apex" vice. I've used one for about 5 years now and it's still going strong. I tie from Salt to #22's on it and I tie about 5 days a week.
    Comes with both pedestal and C-clamp and I think, still sells for around $100.00.
    The Griffin Odyssey, as suggested, is also an exceptional vise at any price, but is very affordable.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread