+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crazy Glue suture

Staples can be good ...in the right places..

I want to emphasize my point in my last post........

If any of you go to a doctor with a wound....demand...and I mean demand ..that it be cleaned properly.

Some times they can't be and then probably they shouldn't be closed....at least not without a drain.

[Sorry , Betty]

hutjensmpg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    Buy a bottle of the liquid bandaid sold at pharmacies.
    I've tried that stuff several times - it doesn't seem to work at all. Anyone else had that experience?

Default Glue

I had a terrible wound due to super glue. Doc said it was so serious he considered skin grafting. I'll tell the story later....when I get around to posting the pictures on photobucket so i can post it here. Having said that.....even AFTER that wound.....I got fed up with liquid bandaid and Nu-Skin and tried super glue on all my finger cracks I get when I work around dust or fish. Works great. That liquid bandaid stuff is not as good as nu-skin and nu-skin is not worth much. You have to apply it about 6 times to the same crack in the same day.....and three days later it is coming off. Super glue works terrific. I threw out the three bottles of Nu-skin I had.

Gemrod

You can do what I do, except at work.
    I take a "Certifed Surgical Technician" with over 20 years experenince along.
    Don't leave home without her!

Get Your Michigan Fish-In T Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post
    I had a terrible wound due to super glue. Doc said it was so serious he considered skin grafting. I'll tell the story later....when I get around to posting the pictures on photobucket so i can post it here. Having said that.....even AFTER that wound.....I got fed up with liquid bandaid and Nu-Skin and tried super glue on all my finger cracks I get when I work around dust or fish. Works great. That liquid bandaid stuff is not as good as nu-skin and nu-skin is not worth much. You have to apply it about 6 times to the same crack in the same day.....and three days later it is coming off. Super glue works terrific. I threw out the three bottles of Nu-skin I had.

Gemrod
    OMG!!! Someone, please remind me NOT to read Jim's further post!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

I didn't read through all the posts as I'm about to leave for a bit. So I'm sorry if I repeat something that has been said!!!

I have bad knees, and I was forced to sell all my reptiles, the whole business, due to going down the stairs unwillfully at a increased speed

So anyways, one day I'm walking down the stairs, knee gives, I played pingpong with my face, and a........brick.

So because I avoid the hospital at all costs and cuts really aren't a big deal for me. I packed my cut (To the bone) with vasaline. That didn't work, too much flow. So, I got out the ol' crazy glue, worked immediately, like a charm. Few days later, around the cut started getting red, and more red, and more red, and so on. So my wife said it was infected. So off to the doctors I go for some antibiotics. So long story short, I had to go to the hospital anyways, because of infection, and, I have a beautiful big scar on my brow, where hair won't grow anymore. Not a big deal for me, since I'm loaded with scars. But, for some of you, it might be something to think about before using it. I'm not sure if it had to do with me not washing it well enough (Toothbrush scrub, with deadol or whatever it's called), or if the crazy glue was just crazy and wanted me to die haha. But anyways, wash it good, then glue, or skip it and go to the hospital. If scars matter to you, go to the ER

Not to mention, infected cuts hurt, quite a bit.

Gotta go, rambling, and my wife is doing what she does best, complaining!!

Shane

Last edited by OttoDita; 04-05-2008 at 08:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread