Thanks Stonefly and Dudley,

I got a chance to look at it a bit better last night. It appears that it was painted green at some point and I saw some red paint, too, don't know if that was accent or primer. I thought that the green was from the copper's corrosion (which is a green color). It is clearly copper, I found that out the hard way when I accidently pulled the tip portion all the way out, while at my dad's house, when I was fumbling trying to get the center portion to come out. The tip has a slice of the tubing that's ben so that the tip can't come out, under normal circumstances (I assume the remaining pieces also have such a strip). That strip looked like brand new copper, which is how I noticed it was copper and not bamboo as it looked when I first picked it up (it was all dusty and dirty). I still have not worked on getting the center portion out completely, but I can't believe that you guys narrowed the manufacturer down so quickly. I guess copper was probably not the best material to use for a fishing rod. I also guess that they were the only company to make a telescoping fly rod? I would have thought someone else would have made one.

BTW, not to say that Bristol did not make steel FF rods, I am only saying that the one I am in possession of is definitely made from copper.

Thanks,
Paul