I cannot ever tell you all how much I appreciate your support, advice and willingness to kick me in the butt when I need it. I mean that sincerely. A good support group knows when it's time to deliver a little "Motivation" as well as advice. All of you at FAOL are the very best. Paul, my brother, I really appreciate your candor.

I started to modify my diet in response to the weight gain before the diagnosis was given. Also started to ramp up my exercise. Over the last three weeks I have not only arrested the weight gain but I am starting to lose weight. I walk about a half mile to and from my work station everyday and I am walking in the evenings now. My evening walks are thirty minutes and I am walking about a mile and a half in that time. soon as the weather breaks I can get back into my day hikes that I enjoy so much.

My education class is on the 4th of March with my own doctor. I am fortunate that I have a great doc. She is actually a nurse practitioner but I call her doc. Habit I guess because we called our medics "Doc" too. Her being an Army veteran she knows that it is a show of respect. When I asked her if she was a doc in the Army she smiled a devilish little grin, tucked her chin and mumbled something about being a clerk while ducking out of the door! All with a twinkle in her eyes too. She can be a lot of fun and I do what she tells me to do.

I can't thank you all enough for your caring and support. It really means so much to me. You folks are the very, very best!