Thread: Bad news from my doctor on my test results

Threaded View

Nighthawk, Since you said you were open to suggestions regarding a diet, I would recommend the Zone Diet.
    I'm not connected to them, I'm not a doctor and I don't have diabetes or any major health issues. My wife and I did the diet a few years back and we both lost weight and felt much better. It's not a weight loss diet or a "high protein fad diet" it's been around for several years and people see results from it. It's a little too involved to explain in a post, but it's easy enough to follow. The major function of the Zone Diet is to regulate your insulin levels. I believe that it was developed for diabetic and cardiac patients. We didn't totally abandon the diet. We still eat a bunch of meals that are from The Zone. The hardest part for us was finding the time to prepare the meals. We both love to cook, but sometimes finding the time to do the fresh fruits and vegetables can be a challenge. Again, as far as it being a "diet" think of it as a eating change for life, not a short term program that you'll drift away from. With the Zone, it's not that hard of a thing to do. The meals were very good, and you don't have to buy any special propriatary foods. From what I've read, some diabetics can even control their condition with diet alone, or diet and minimal meds.
    Ask your Doctor about it. You'll get through this.
    Praying you do,
    Tom.
    Last edited by Scooter; 02-26-2008 at 12:51 PM.