If Simms customer service is better now thay must have changed just now.I picked a pair of Simms lightweight waders.The word was these were the best I could get For the money .Thay leaked on day one. I returned them to the flie shop and thay sent them back for repair at no cost to me. I received them back in three weeks.My waders didn't leak(so much for death,taxes and leaky waders) I thought.But alas four day trips and same leak,same place. Back to the flie shop,back to Simms.I received them back.Six day trips some leak same place. Back to the flie shop,back to Simms.This time thay lasted abuot three weeks. This time I sent them back myself and got a call from Simms saying it would cost $40.00 plus the $25.00 for shipping to do the repair. I said to forget it and just send them back as is.The leak was at the foot to leg connection.I asked why I had to pay for this repair when it was the same leak in the same place from day one.Thay said it was for other leaks that I had even if I didn't know about them.When I asked what caused this I was told I fish to much ( these are LITE waders.) Simms never forever. My thanks to Back Woods in ft.Worth.I found out thay had the same charges each time thay sent my waders back but would not let me pay for it.

The Donn