Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
I wish I could get these people who spend my tax money to do these surveys which will give useless results to come to my rivers and watch how the bait/spinner fishermen here release their trout. It goes something like this: grasp and squeeze trout is one hand and with the other hand you grasp the mono line and jerk the hooks out of the fish. If the fish, in your eyes, is large enough to keep you put it either in your 5 gallon bucket or on your chain stringer and if the fish is not large enough for you to keep you just throw it back into the water. I know this release technique is only used here where I live and does not happen anywhere else. Oh, I almost forgot, that if you go to the area where the bait/spinner fisherman has just left with his stringer/bucket of 7 legal daily fish, you can see several "just playing dead" trout lying on the river bottom that were just not large enough to keep or were culled out so the 7 that were kept would make the fisherman look impressive as they walked back to their vehicle.

Yes, this is a "sore spot" with me and I will now shut up....
Same here Warren! The yank and toss is my favorite, especially when the person looks at you afterward and tells you he's a tried and true c&r guy. I think that means Choke and Rip. Yep, that fish is gonna make it.