Well I appreciate all the positive feedback, and all the advice I recieved along the way as well. Without it I would have been lost. I purchased this rod as a fishing rod , and when I got it saw it was going to need some serious work. I had to straighten the sets, it had no guides, the reelseat was broken, and it was just in dismay except for the fine quality of the Tonkin Cane. Yeah I made the BOO BOO of stripping of the Genuine Tonkin Cane when I stripped the old varnish off. I purchased quaility repair stuff, a Batson Amboylona Burl , Nickel Silver Reelseat, Portegese grade A+A+A+A grip, and some of the finiest Old New stock Snake eyes man can buy and the Agate stripping Guide of course came from Golden Witch along with their Spar Varnish Alchemist Varnish and the wraps will be Pearsalls Gossemer Silk from Scarlett, with Black edging, since the man Im making this for is a former U.S. Marine. He has seen the rod and cant wait for it to get wrapped so he can fish it, it will be a Medium Flex, 9ft- 3 pc- 6weight, and it has a wonderfull recovery rate. I lawn casted it before I rebuild it with tape on the guides. I will send pics of the wraps when it is done. Thanks All