Joe's take on casting for Castwell is spot on .
I actually avoided going to my first fish-in because I was worried about having to cast and be critiqued by all the good casters I was sure would show up at the affair. I figured someone would pressure me to cast and then everybody would have a good laugh. Not so! When I first showed up several people said to the group at large, If anyone needs help with their casting I will help. People began lining up and soon began an informal session with all of us casting. We tried out each others rods learning to covet. We watched one of the best trying out some different lines and giving his opinion of each. We gnubee's stood around getting tips and learning tons of stuff. It was all really quite a lot of fun.

Castwell and Ladyfisher arrived in camp the next day. After greetings
and meetings were dispenced they each offered help to those who wanted it. I jumped at the chance. Soon I was being shown several easy ways to improve my cast one step at a time . These two know how to teach with minimum pressure. Jim stepped up after I was finished casting with Deanna and offered me a simple tip which improved my distance by 10 feet instantly.

During the entire fish- in not once did anyone pressure me in the slightest to cast. It was then I realised that missing my first fish in because of embarassment concerns had been rather foolish. The next year just like Joe Hyde said, one of My main reasons for travelling 1100 kilometers to the fish-in was so I could once again stand in front of Jim & Deanna to get more help with my cast. Believe me if you don't ask for help no one will try to press you to do so. The whole thing is a blast not to be missed.
Just watching Jim standing around shivering his butt off in that goofy outfit is easily worth the price of admission..

Sorry Jim, it was there, I had to use it.