Quote Originally Posted by DG
Well I am 2/3 done with cleaning the place, in case my landlady comes in while I am in Denver this week. Other than that, nothing changes. My last Christmas tree was the first year my ex and I had a real place together (somewhere ca 1990), and we had to hang rooster tails and steelies on the tree because we couldn't afford ornaments. 30 plus million real Christmas trees cut and placed in people's homes every year, I don't need to contribute to that.

DG
Doug,
If you spend a little cash on a artificial one no one will know the difference once they are decorated. Also, most of today's live trees are farm raised just for that purpose just like the food you eat. No more going into the woods and cutting down a tree but even that is not harmful if you harvest properly on your land. Some states collect live discarded trees to put in their still waters for cover for aquatic life. Also, one can buy a potted live tree and then donate it to groups like The Arbor Day Foundation to be transplanted.

Heck, lots of game farms will take them in for cover for wild game. We have an artificial tree bought after Christmas one year for 75% off! I do not ever recall my family throwing out a live tree though I know people do it. When I see this I help them find an alternative to disposing of the tree in the garbage unless their community uses the tree for good purposes.

Just my 2 cents worth.