The manager of the resort I stayed at said the fishing is good all year around. April-May are the best months for stable weather. An 8wt. and 9 wt. is fine however if a bigger tarpon cruises by you may be undergunned, maybe not. On the northern part of the Island the fish are bigger 8lb.s plus, I saw plenty of 12 lbs bonefish. The one day we found a school of 100. Day 2 was a scholl of 200. If you go to Deadmans Cay My guide tiold me the fish are smaller but there is more of them, and from what I'm reading the wading is better. There is a small wading area right at the Cape Santa Maria resort. I saw a school of tailing bonefish on day one but my wife and I were kayaking and by the time I got my rod they left. In hindsight, I would have stalked them, like we did on day 3 and 4. One guy caught 6 there the same day I caught 8 when I was with the guide. I had floating and sinking line, there again it depends where you go. You'll need a sinking line to fish for reef fish. I would take a stripping basket with next time, because I was always getting it stuck in the rocks.

My resort had deet. I also read that garlic tablets may work for the bugs. Take some permit crabs flys also. You may get a shot. I didn't see any. Buccanneertravel has a package for Deadmans Cay you may want to check out.

Later