Deezel,

Just because someone wrote a book, doesn't mean he/she knows more than you, or anyone of us, does about choosing equipment for our own fishing.

My only problem with the so called experts is that they apply their particular parameters to the 'specific reasons' why a certain type/weight/length of rod is better 'suited' for a particular application.

If you grant them that, then they tend to be somewhat accurate.

We can all be guilty of that, as Larry points out by stating "Naturally, on small streams a 7?6? to 8? rod is all you usually need what with the brush and trees hanging over your head".

For him, it's a natural fact that this is true, but I disagree and feel that a 9 foot or longer rod is better for that type of water. Both our reasons are valid and neither one of us is 'wrong', we just look at it differently.

It's all pretty subjective and truly matters little in the long run.

If you 'like' 6 1/2 foot rods, for whatever reason, you can easily fish them effectively in a current situation.

AND, if you 'like' 12 foot rods, you can easily fish with them on a small brush choked creek or stream.

I know that there are folks out there who only own one rod (don't understand that, but it happens). For them that rod, whatever it is, works jut fine for whatever type of fishing conditions they face.

No one should think that because they don't own a certain rod that they shouldn't fish in a particular palce.

If, like me and thousands of others, you are on the quest for that perfect rod for each situation that you face, forget the 'experts' and use what YOU decide is best for YOU.

So, while Mr. Wright probably believes that he is correct, the truth of the matter is that it's just an opinion based on his personal experience, and is no more valid for others than yours or Larry's or mine.

Expert= <ex spurt'>='ex' ='has been', 'spurt' = drip under pressure.

Good Luck!

Buddy