After casting and fishing, both, the Shark Skin and the AirFlo "Ridge Line", I personally prefer the Ridge Line.

Mainly, for me anyway, the Ridge Line casts as well as the S.S. and at the same distances. But, since I'd say 99% of my yearly "fish take" is withing 60 feet, or less, of where I'm standing in the stream, "distance" isn't really a big thing to me.

I also like the way the Ridge Line is more or less, "self cleaning", in the way it's designed. It appears, that the lateral cut "groves" in the Ridge Line, "flex the line" enough to throw off a great deal of stream and/or, lake debris that build up after a day's fishing. I found the Shark Skin was pretty dirty, (more, like my conventional fly lines become), after a few 8 hour days on the water.

If "distance" is your thing, then maybe too, you can tolerate the "singing" that the S.S. puts out when whistling through the guides. The Ridge Line is very quiet. (But, again, that's only MY OWN preference on fly lines!)

It doesn't matter, all that much to me personally, when choosing my fly gear, but of course, the price may play a part for some fly fishers, too......... nearly $100.00 for the S.S. and only $56.00 for the Ridge Line.
(In fact, right now, Madison River has the Ridge Lines on sale for less than $40.00, including freight)