+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shell Pink chenille...

Blog Entries

Default Shell Pink chenille...

I was given this shell pink chenille today by a buddy and I am wondering what to tie with it...I'm thinking buggers and egg sucking leeches...
    I don't fish for steelhead so there probably wont be many patterns,,,but if you could give me the steelhead patterns using the pink chenille anyway...I would still tie some up and give them a shot for trout.
    So any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Shell Pink chenille...

It might work for some sort of pink scud. The flashy chenile's have fibers sticking out, which could simulate legs. I do alot of steelie fishing and that's a color I use fairly often. Usually, as an egg on an ESL or a flashy bodied bugger. I like to use pink and purple together, as it makes a nice color combo. Try experimenting and see what you can come up with.

Try using it for something like a Comet. Silver beadchain eyes for weight, pink krystal flash for tail, that chenille for body and pink spey hackle or any long pink soft hackle as collar just behind the eyes. Try it on a #10 wet fly hook. Pink or white thread. Usually estaz chenille is used but that stuff should be ok.

BrookieAngler, I totally forgot about those. You must fish the SR?

Blog Entries

Default Shell Pink chenille...

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I tied up a couple flies,,,one a scud ( no picture because I could just not seem to get the shot just right)

I also tied up a Estaz Egg (technically not Estaz but similar).
    Here is a pic of it...
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

No, pspaint. Don't want to deal with the circus. Ontario tribs midweek in December is my idea of a good time with a Comet. Enjoy that chenille!

Flyandtie,
    I like to use the shell pink for the body on Crappie Candy with white maribu, white bucktail and pink krystle flash for the rest.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Flyandtie1

I was given this shell pink chenille today by a buddy and I am wondering what to tie with it...I'm thinking buggers and egg sucking leeches...
    I don't fish for steelhead so there probably wont be many patterns,,,but if you could give me the steelhead patterns using the pink chenille anyway...I would still tie some up and give them a shot for trout.
    So any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Chris,
    You could tie some steelhead shrimp flies. Hackle fibers tail with Two mono fibers with burnt ends (Eyes), hackle over the chenile and pull plastic over the back. WA! LA! Shrimp Cocktail!!
    Doug P.S. I'm not related to that Doug! I've never been to Santa Rosa.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread