I seen your post here and on WFF. I live in Sedro Woolley which is just south of Acme and could likely help you but you don't give a lot of information like what time of year are you going to be in WA. You only state you don't want to fish for steelhead because you want to catch something. Not much to go on there. I might be able to offer you a trip on the Skagit but you didn't fill out any of the information in your profiles on either board so I have nothing to go on when deciding if I want to extend a hand of friendship and make that offer.

I will go as far as to say if you want to catch something come in September. There will be searun cutthroat around and you might be able to catch one of those but it is unlikely if you know nothing of the fish and where to look for them. Some of the salmon runs will have started by then like humpies on odd years and silvers all years. A little later in the year like say Nov. chums will be entering the systems. After that it is a steelhead show. There are a few lakes around that are open year round and a few that are fly fishing only where you can catch rainbows and perhaps browns but you will likely need some type of floating device like a tube. You can look on http://wdfw.wa.gov/ to find those. I don't do much lake fishing so can't help with much there.