I bought a couple of Kathy's Furled Leader DVDs (one for me and one as a raffle prize for our local fly fishing club) and this weekend I finally got around to building the jig that is needed to make them.

I made 3 of them and only messed up one. I cut off my old tapered leader and tied a new furled leader on with a nail not and then tied on another 5 feet of 6x tippet. Once that was done I headed out to eh pool to try some practice cast.

OH MY GOSH!

The furled leader turns over LIKE BUTTER. I just give the line a little flip and the furled leader just lays out nice and smooth with hardly a splash. The tippet just follows along for the ride.

I was going to take it fishing on Sunday evening and I even went to the river. When I got there I started suiting up. Waders, Check! Fishing rod and reel, Check! Safety belt on the waders, Check! Fishing vest, Check Wading boots . . . . Wading boots . . . . Where the hell? . . .

Ah Crap! I forgot my wading boots.

So tonight I promised to take the dog out for a walk and a swim at the river and I can't watch him and fish at the same time. But tomorrow I'm going fishing after work For Sure! And I'll be fishing with furled leaders.