Anway, good luck to you. There is nothing like seeing what you have learned actually working. Good luck and enjoy.
That is so true. As I think back on the few months that I've been fly fishing I see that I've learned so much. I use to lose multiple flies on each trip by hanging up in trees in bushes. Now, I rarely lose a fly to a bad cast. I use to think that this river didn't have any fish in it, but now that I know when to go (evening during the hatch) I can see the fish rising and I even saw them jumping out of the water on Saturday. I think that's why I decided to call my journal a "Newbie's Journey" because it really is such a journey of learning.

In fact, Saturday I brought a young friend of mine fishing. He's 15 and actually called me Saturday morning to ask if we could go fly fishing.

"Sure!" I said. "I'd love to take you fishing".

So we went out to the river. He didn't have waders so we found a spot where he could roll cast from the shore. The fish were rising and he was able to get his fly fairly close them. However, he did get his fly caught in the trees and bushes a couple of times and I had to re-tie a new leader and fly for him. I just had to smile because here he is going through the exact same learning process and frustrations that I'm going through. I'm just a dozen fishing trips further down the road than he is. It makes me wonder how I'll look back on my learning process a year from now.