Quote Originally Posted by FL_SKIBUM
Think about renting a kayak there in Dunedin. They have them right on the beach on the south side of the causeway just before Honeymoon Island. Go west from the kayak rental place, then north under the bridge then left to oyster bars, sea grasses and mangroves.

Weekdays would be best as weekends out there can get busy.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. That is something that would interest me. I actually already knew about the kayak place, but it never dawned on me. I'm glad you reminded me.

We've actually had offers now from four flats fly fishing charter captains down there. We're gonna pick two of them, and I think we already have: Nature Coast trip out of Port Richey and sightfishing to Redfish near Safety Harbor. Both Captains are licensed by USCG, 1 is also IGFA certified, and the other was invited to become IGFA certified and is doing that now. Both have lots of experience, great equipment, good reputations/references, are dedicated almost exclusively to fly fishing, and have communicated excellently with us. So we're really excited about this trip. The kayak thing is a GREAT idea for future trips. But I doubt we'll have time for it this fall.