I posted these same sentiments somewhere else. The "myth and outright lie" is what the AUTHOR said! There is great fishing to be had in many places that don't get a lot of pressure. But it takes work to find them and usually to get to them. That's why folks don't use them much.

A wise old deer hunting professor of wildlife biology in Texas once told me that the secret to hunting trophy bucks was to find out where most people were hunting and head in the opposite direction. I have applied that advice to the pursuit of ALL wild game and found it most rewarding.

But...like I said on my other post...I sure hope the vast majority keep believing the author of "Myths and Outright Lies" on this issue. Sheeple are gregarious. Toss one off a cliff and cheer for him as he falls and the rest will jump on their own. Film it and put it on TV and they will travel from all over the country to jump off that same cliff. And the ones who can't get there will jump off of whatever cliff they can get to. It's actually pretty amusing to watch.