How much do you pay for all your other fishing gear? Waders, boots, rods, reels, lines, and all that jazz? Cuz if you can't see, you're pretty much done fly-fishing. Food for thought.

With that said, I have found the Strike King glasses sold all over the place in fishing sections to be a good mix of quality and economy at about $30-45. They come with one of those soft neck straps that floats. But I got a pair of Maui Jim's for my birthday from my wife in gold iridium lenses and ultra-light frames that are just incredible! They are about $150. They look stylish enough to wear anywhere with anything, AND they are far and away the best fishing glasses I've ever had. And that includes some more expensive RayBans and Oakleys and such. The Maui Jim's are also unbreakable/bendable. And the gold iridium actually improves contrast in low light situations as well as eliminating glare.

You don't get high quality optical grade lenses until you are pushing $100. Below that, you're getting "cheap sunglasses." That means you're dealing with a certain amount of image distortion, less flexibility across the light spectrum, etc. You can get polarization and good UV blocking without terrible distortion starting at about $30. But you can forget photo-sensitive shading, contrast enhancement, and near-zero edge distortion.

I only have one pair of eyes. So I'm all for good glasses. And I have also found that I still own a couple of pairs of the $200+ sunglasses I bought in the 1980s. But I lose and/or tear up cheap sunglasses after a month or two. You tend to take better care of stuff you pay a king's ransom for...or at least I do.