Dpenrod

Hextall has provided sage advice , with a refernce to <<http://kayakfishingstuff.com/ >> . As stated on their website, they take into consideration the weight, utility, and more importantly the fishing into consideration. Most kyack websites - are just that (!) , kyack users who may want to fish. But if you intend to fish, and the kyack is your means of transportation, then the fishing is most important and the kyack is the means to get you there. And you need to select the kyack according to your fishing needs.
I never thought much about secondary stability, much less , what it is. My biggest issue was to chosde a SIK (Sit In Kyack) as opposed to a SOT (Sit On Top). Other issues such as having a 'wet well' , 'skegs' or 'no skegs' ,or storage capacity,or whether to have scuppers are discussed; fishing from a kyack is not just a matter of adding a 'rod holder'.
Thanks Hextall - you have saved me from probably making a several hundred dollar mistake. Thats what this forum on FAOL is all about - mutual help / education / fellowship.
Dadflyer