This is my post from the earlier warmwater thread

"Another rig is to use 5 turn surgeon's knots to tie in about a foot of leader material. You will end up with two 4-5 inch tags that ly parallel to the leader, one pointing towards the flyline and one lying toward the terminal fly. Snip the tag pointing toward the flyline and tie your droppers to the tag pointing to your main fly.

In this system you main leader is never cut and the droppers lay along side the leader on 2-3 tags, makes casting easier, plus the shorter your dropper leads the less likely the system will foul. Plus there are no obstructions on any of the hooks to prevent doubles.

If you are fishing a popper and dropper nymphs, by putting the Popper as your end or terminal fly it will keep your dropper nymphs suspending. Picture them as a U. Once your release pressure the nymphs will slowly sink creating a U in your leader. Put tension back into the setup, with a strip and the flies will rise up as the U straightens, this can be a killer technique, basicall it is like vertically jigging your nymphs.

By putting the popper as the first dropper line the rest of the flies will hang down behing it, that is how you can fish them deeper without creating that U effect.

I will routinely fish 3-5 flies using this technique, where legal I might add. Open your loops a bit and slow dwn your stroke and you will have no problems casting multiple flies.

Sorry no picture but picture it as

..................dropper......dropper......droppe r
flyline ______/_________/_________/________termial fly "

The shorter the leads the less likely they will foul. I use this setup all the time in the salt.