DD and JC, I'm one of the others who had the same problem with the 555 clear floater wf5. I fish mostly stillwater "kettle hole" trout ponds on Cape Cod. I thought that it would be nice to have the cutting edge tech flyline when I bought my 5wt outfit, especially for fishing trout sippng midges... The line has been a nightmare. I stretch it first and it makes little difference. A cortland rep warned me not to stretch it too hard or the hollow chambers would collapse. As bad as it is,I finally replaced it with a 444 classic peach. When I tried to purchase the 444 at my local fly shop, the owner tried to convince me to try the new Selective trout line just introduced. I told him I'd let someone else try the latest and greatest, just give me something that I know will work. I'm still a Cortland fan, I think their 444 clear intermediate and classics are great. I also like the CL series of rods and STH cassette reels; but that 555 is a stinker...Another floater I'd reccommend is the Wulff triangle taper.