Gary, I haven't been in Carroll County in 20 years. I suppose that I ought to go back through and visit my alma mater some time, but I haven't been back in ages. I used to take I-40 to exit 108 and then head up Hwy. 22. Carroll Lake was a lot of fun, back then. It got fished hard, but it could really reward you. I usually found Clear Creek to be more rewarding. The spillway pool was always good and it seemed that nobody ever braved the bushes and snakes (not bad) to fish the stretch between that pool and the bridge. That was a sweet stretch for a fly rod. I didn't realize until I looked it up last year that Clear Creek runs straight into the Mississippi River. No wonder there were such nice catfish in it.

The pond that we are discussing has a shelf that gets to about 6 feet deep and then drops away with a steep slope. That should limit the amount of damage that reeds and lotus could do. We have talked about structure to build. Since this is the Eastern Highland Rim of Middle Tn., eastern redcedar is present in abundance. I expect that there is some saw-work and Quikcrete in my future as we plant a few stakes.

Thanks again for your help and to everyone else,
Ed