preast:

Have you tried checking them by turning them inside out and filling the bottoms with water?

I had a similar problem with my Cabela?s Dry Plus waders. I asked a friend who works in a fly shop and he said that they were probably leaking where the gator joined the bootie; one large tube of Aquaseal later they still leaked. I then turned them inside out and in a wash basin, filled one portion of a leg at a time supported on a small cooler. I then held the leg straight up without lifting the wader up off of the cooler. I instantly saw where the leak was; right at the heel portion of the bootie where all those seams come together in an inverted Y; nowhere near the place I gooped up before.

I applied a generous amount of Aquaseal at that location on both booties and they no longer leak. I thought that possibly the design of the bootie was partially to blame since there were so many seams but I just got a new pair of Simms RiverTek waders and the bootie is constructed in the same way with lots of seams; hopefully with way better construction than the Cabela?s.

If this doesn?t resolve your problem and you can do without them for awhile, send them back to Cabela?s with a note explaining the problem. I told them about my waders and they told me that after they check them out they will more than likely replace them or issue me a gift certificate for some or the entire purchase price. Mine are going back right after Memorial Day for a replacement pair to use as a spare now that I have the Simms.

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 20 May 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 20 May 2005).]