Jonathan:
Hello. Welcome to the insanity of the sport called fly fishing. Fly fishing is the most ego driven form of fishing I have ever been envolved with. But, also it is the incredible way to try to catch a fish. Most people who fly fish are very friendly, fine, caring people who are willing to help and share their knowlege of this wonderful sport. The small percentage of fly anglers who are dubed fly fishing snobs as you say should be taken with " a grain of salt."

Marriott's is one of the best fly shops I have ever been in. They have a incredible amount of stock. The staff are very knowlegable and most are fine casters.I have always had good experiences there and find the staff to helpful and friendly. I have been going there when it was still called Dale's Hackle and Tackle before it was bought my Bob Marriott. I have encountered much more attiude and poor customer service from fly shops in the Sierras and other states. I have been fly rodding for over 25 years and tie all my own flies and assemble all my own rods. I am by no means an expert and have much learn about the sport. If you have any questions or need any help I would be happy to help you as I am sure most of the other people who post on this board would. Good luck and enjoy the best form of fishing there is. If you don't take it too seriously and remember it is just fishing and ment to fun you will do fine.

Lanny De Rose