Hi,

I'll second what these guys have said... and the fishing in Maine is really picking up right now, for sure. My favorite spots close Oct 1st, but that still leaves two weekends

The East Outlet and GLS would be my recommendations, too, although the Shawmut area of the Kennebec might be great (Waterville area up to the Madison area, actually).

If you go to Grand Lake Stream, you might want to consider a little time taking in Acadia National Park on the way. There's a guarenteed whale watch out of Bar Harbor and an LL Bean outlet in Ellesworth, as sidelights.

If you go to the East Outlet, you might want to go in to Baxter State Park and see the moose at Sandy Stream Pond or climb Katahdin.

As far as peak color is concerned, right now its pretty beautiful up by the Rangeley Lakes, but only just getting started at our place near Farmington.

If you are driving out, we cross the boarder into and out of Michigan four to eight times a year, and customs is a snap with a passport. Crossing thru the Soo takes longer once you get into Ontario, though its neat. We do it when we can, otherwise crossing from Pt Huron over to Niagra Falls is quick and crossing into upstate New York at Cornwall then down to highway 2 across to Maine can be breathtaking in the fall (Vermont, New Hampshire).

Flying in to Bangor or Portland is a piece of cake, too. Both are port towns, Bangor on the Penobscot River and Portland right on the Atlantic. Each has its charm.

The web sites Bill gave you (Bill was a Mainer) are great.

Maybe we'll see you here,
Kat