Eich:
Bob Popovics Siliclone is my favorite Mullet pattern.
Here's the URL for tying instructions.

http://www.aswf.org/saltwater_flies_for ... ilicl.html

I do a couple of things different. Instead of wool, I use white Polar Plus to tie the pattern, and use permanent markers to bring the pattern closer to the mullet's actual colors before coating with silicone. Something else I do, when the silicone gets tacky, is apply Mother of Pearl transfer foil to the body area. It adds a bit of sparkle and flash to the fly. I tie them from 2 to 6 inches long.
A couple of other patterns I'm playing with, and hope to try out in the next couple of weeks, though I haven't heard any reports of the mullet starting to run along the south Jersey beaches.
I use a large white soft foam popper and make it into a slider head. The ones I have tied up use either bucktail or artificial hair for the tail, and use an extra long estaz to provide a bit of a taper between body and tail.
The other two fall into the fly rod "lure" category. One is based on a fresh water lure called a Tiny Torpedo and the other on a lure called the Sammy. Both are shaped from foam cylinders, and what makes them lures is I'm using treble hooks on both of them.