Quote Originally Posted by Crackleback
Recently purchased 6X Rio Fluroflex Plus and hoping for input from other anglers who have used same. My experience is poor knot holding ability and also breaks very easily. Today, lost two fish due to breakage and 1 to knot ailure. Also experienced several times when tippit was tied to the leader, breakage of the tippet when testing the connection. Any others have this or could I have possibly gotten a bad batch? Thanks for any input.
Crackleback?Bob A
I pretty much use the Rio Flouroflex exclusively, and have zero issues with it. I recently switched to the Orvis, and have had quite a few knot failures. I'll be going back to the Rio.

When I first started using the Rio, I had knot issues - Almost all my knots broke. I did some asking around, and learned three useful things:

1. Always we the knot before cinching it.
2. Only use a Pitzen knot. I learned to do this on the recommendation of another angler. They almost never break on me. I used to use a clinch or trilene, and they always broke in Flourocarbon. I now use the pitzen for everything.
3. Always connect the flourocarbon tippet to the leader with a blood knot only. Again, in flourocarbon, I got a large percentage of breaks on a surgeons knot. I can now tie a blood faster than a surgeons anyway.

This is just my method, and it works well for me. I hope that you find the information useful.

Regards,
Jeff