Hey Terry
Thanks for the reply. So far I have fished only for trout on the lower Illinois and then (excuse the blasphemy) mostly spinning. I am 62 and retired and have a motorhome so I have time to go if I can talk mama into gettin out of the house. I have been fishing the Marval area and done real well. Matter of fact had the best trout day in my 62 years. Caught 106 on a day they stocked on a size "0" browntrout brown mepps spinner. Think if I had held out a net they would have jumped in. The last trip I got out my old flyrod and grabbed a couple wooly buggers and a black gnat or two and struck out. Did OK and definitely rekindled my love for fly fishing. Since that trip I have tied up about a hundred or more flies in all kinds of patterns just for practice (bunch of wooly buggers). Anyway, I am going back to that area over Labor Day weekend. You have any suggestions on flies other than wooly buggers. I will deffinitely be flailing flies around. I had rather catch one fish on a fly that 50 any other way. Thanks for the info. Maybe we will run into each other on the water some day.