Quote Originally Posted by BH Spey View Post
I've been on at least 100 flights in the last 5 years WITH flys (size 4 salmon flys down to size 24 trout flies), forceps, nippers, zingers, tippet, rod, and reel without anyone ever once asking to inspect any of it. Most airports have multiple security check points, if at first you don't suceed, try another check point - though again, I have NEVER had to resort to this. I have gone through security with all my fishing equipment in Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Grand Rapids, MI, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach, San Juan Puerto Rico, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Albuqurque, San Diego, San Francisco San Jose, Denver, Missoula, Bozeman, Kansas City, and St Louis.

Don't worry about it!
I agree with BH Spey, I travel domestic and international at least twice a month and never had a problem with TSA or International Customs, I have carried flies, materials, tools for tying at night in the hotel along with many different sample parts with sharp edges for my job, never stop and questioned. From my travels, it seems TSA/Customs are more concern about liquids then anything else.