Grubb
    Lauder
    RW
    feenom

Room for just 1 more.

Mikey - Sorry 'bout that (-;

Allan

[This message has been edited by tyeflies (edited 03 March 2005).]

OK here goes, this is what I'm gonna tye.
    #10 White wolf variant for the drakes
    #14 BWO, dry

If these are ok...

Tim

"G" Give a guy some room for error...lol

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...

[This message has been edited by Grubb (edited 04 March 2005).]
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I think this is gonna be fun...

Tim
    PS: Don't laugh at my flies guys... *G*

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Allan, RW again,

Okay, I've decided to tie a #12 dun variant dry, ala Art Flick, and my own favorite #10 dark Cahill wet, a stone killer at last years fish-in.

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-

[This message has been edited by Royal Wulff (edited 04 March 2005).]
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Darn it RW. And I was going to tie this 6 tungsten bead nymph that's would have been sure to be the top fly for the week. "G"

lou,

How can a 6 tungsten bead fly be the "top fly of the week"? Given the weight of tungsten, it would be the bottomist fly of the week.

Allan

mikey two-shoes, RW here

Yes indeed, we country clubbers like to do it up right. If you plan to attend our fourth annual Roscoe fish-in, when you change into your waders, make sure you leave your shoes in front of your locker before going down to the stream. They will be shined upon your return. Don't forget to tip the shower room attendant.

Dinner will be served promptly at 8 p.m. Ties and jackets required. The first nights menu will include lobster tails or king crab legs with a light salad and your choice of potato, served with a fine Chardonay.....
    or, for those with a heartier appetite, you might prefer the 20 ounce Prime Rib done to your liking, baked potato with sour cream and chives and side of fresh asparagus spears with hollandiase... along with perhaps a French Beaujolais or a fine California burgandy.

For those of you returning late from the Beaverkill's evening hatches, the chef will have prepared a late evening buffet of fresh meats, cheeses and other delicacies along with a selection of our best wines to suit your taste.

After dinner you can retire to the smoking lounge where a fine selection of cigars, cognacs and brandies await the discriminating angler. A warming fireplace, poker table and fly tying tables complete with vises are there for those so inclined.

There you have it, The Roscoe Fish-in. Your host, Allan Podell, has gone out of his way to make the week as pleasant as possible for those in attendance. As a fellow FAOL'r we would love to have you join us mikey.

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-

[This message has been edited by Royal Wulff (edited 05 March 2005).]
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Yikes! I'm a host?

RW - Just save me a place on that bread line.

Allan

Tooo damn stuffy I think id prefer an ice cold beer campfire smoke and im partial too pbj ... maybe a pickle loaf and cheese...

------------------
    Mike

Hi Guys,

I will tie two emergers that worked well for me at the fish in last year. The secret weapon in size 14 and the sulpher sort of usual in size 14 as well.

See you soon,

Lauder

+ Reply to Thread