+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tom Nixon Patterns

That would be quite generous and thoughtful, Betty. Nope, this is certainly not Josh's fault. There was a tear in the envelope and my Altoid box with the flies completely missing. I thought I had a fool-proof and inexpensive method of sending swap flies, but the system failed. I learned an ugly lesson. Thanks. JGW

White43,
    Post up your snail mail address, or email it to me. We'll get something going here!
    Betty

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty, I'm John G . White, Box 672, Clara City, MN 56222. I hesitated to post this, but I've done it before for a swap I hosted. I'd be so pleased if you or any of the other swappers would drop me one in the mail. Which leads me to a new thread I'm posting. Thanks so much. JGW

I can send extras because we were one swapper short. The Albino Serpent, Mickey Brim, Calcasieu Pigboat, .56%er, Montana Nymph, Beau, Tom Nixon Spinner, White tailed Black Gnated Palmered, Renegade, Jassid, and Parmacheene Bass. I still have the toe tags too. The Spinner is used, I used both Saturday. I will tie up another Parmacheen Bass fly. More than likely, this will be mailed out Monday morning. Sorry to wait so long to reply. Been busy.

Josh, if you could do that I'd be eternally grateful. As always, the generocity of those on FAOL is priceless. Thanks. JGW

Anyone else, who didn't get their flies? I haven't gotten mine either? The flies may have been side tracked along the way.

I've gotten my flies and they look great! White if you want a unused Nixon Spinner e-mail me your address. idabelangler@hotmail.com

I don't mind a used one as long as Josh has one left in his box. I'm now reading the Nixon rewrite and was about to start tying the pig boat until I happened on his bit on the .56er. Now I see this is one of the flies. What about it, Josh? You wouldn't be sending me your last fly, would you? JGW

I have 2 of those spinners. And all those were extras. I have sent back extras to the tyers but have been told several times the leftovers are for the meister. So, it's cool. I feel bad holding extra flies that were meant for someone else and weren't swapped out with another swapper flies.

I checked with the post office. Everything went out. Most of the time, one person is there and at times two. This is a small town. I usually take them to a large post office in Fayetteville. I mos tlikely will continue to do that. Seems they may be real slow or backed up. The town has grown by hundreds of people within the past few years and the post office hasn't made any changes to accomodate. I have never had swaps progress this way when it comes to mail out. Ya'll keep me updated on your mail situation.

Mailman had mine today.(One too many hills to get over )(:> ) All flies great- appreciate the effort. Now if it will quit raining and warm up I'm ready to go!!Anyone not recieving flies let me know- I tied up 2 1/2 dozen. Tight lines

+ Reply to Thread