+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI: Girl Dies In Lake Jackson Boat Accident

Default FYI: Girl Dies In Lake Jackson Boat Accident

Tragic article story link below:

[url=http://highlandstoday.com/MGBUS5AXPPE.html:5ca11]Girl Dies In Lake Jackson Boat Accident[/url:5ca11]

I don't know those involved but I think the operator of the boat in question is in deep trouble. I don't know whether booze was involved or not but it would not surprise me. He did not have the proper safety gear onboard.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Blog Entries

what a tragedy! My prayers go out to those who lost a loved one.

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:3d3c2]Sweetness On The Water[/url:3d3c2]
    [url=http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/bgl/:3d3c2]Good Ol? Lepomis Macrochirus[/url:3d3c2]

dixieangler;
    That is an all too common occurance here in Michigan.
    A friend of mine does Boating Safety Class in the local schools and I was suprized at the number of teenagers that flunk!
    Michigan is also lowering the blood alcohol level for boaters to that for drivers.
    These accidents are Tragic and they almost always involves younger people.

Way too tragic. We try finding lakes without this stuff, the high speed boating, wave runners, skiers, etc., for it just seems they have tunnel vision. One day another fisherman and I were canoeing back to the access when two boaters, racing, zoomed past, one on either side of our canoe, and I don't think either one of them saw us. We landed with a loud thud, luckily still inside the canoe and also fortunate that neither of our wooden seats broke. The other fellow has never put his backend into a canoe since. JGW

This sort of thing is the reason I sold my "bass boat" several years ago and now fish smaller lakes where the water maggots and ski boats aren't allowed. If it's not restricted to electric only or a 10 mph speed limit I look elsewhere. Been a much happier camper!

donald

Our lakes are recreational so its better not to try and fish them on weekends or holidays. Heavy boat traffic is one of the reasons I don't fish the lakes regularly. I usually fish rivers, canals, and creeks more and even these it is sometimes not a good idea to fish them on weekends or holidays.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Absolutely tragic to hear of a life lost. I also stay away from large lakes & have for years. Too much craziness & traffic. I don't go driving on big city expressways for relaxation, so why bother with high speed, high traffic waters?
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

The follow up articles in today's paper said the boat operator was drunk. The 19 year old "girl" was the mother of three children and a waitress at the Sunset Bar and Grill on the lake. Her live-in boyfriend was the one who jumped clear before striking the boat.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

I find it difficult to feel any compassion for the people in this event. They're adults & responsible for their own actions. The fact that they will no longer pass along their behavior to their own off-spring is not necessarly a bad thing IMO.

donald

This was from the 4th weekend on Lake Sinclair SE of Atlanta. I would seem no one is immune to idiots in a boat. But we don't require any training to drive a boat, I don't know any state that does.

3 arrested in Lake Sinclair boating fatality
    Date: July 7, 2006 Publication: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The (GA) Page Number: D5 Word Count: 193

Authorities arrested a boater and two passengers Thursday that they suspect were responsible for a hit-and-run boating incident last weekend that killed a man at Lake Sinclair. .A tip led investigators to Mark H. Entrekin, 49, of Eatonton, whom they say fled the scene of the collision that killed 48-year-old Mark Baxter.."We're very relieved," said Baxter's father-in-law, Hugh Harris..Baxter was on a pontoon in the lake watching fireworks
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread