+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: reccomened flies for bluegills

thanks everyone,
    for your concerns for me.
    I did get better in fact the very next day. Well lucky for my dad i didn't get on FAOL
    or I would have known I was getting a guitar for christmas. It's really sweet i am going to get lessons after basketball season.

thanks,
    FisherKid93

Jim,

I got your flies, there pretty sweet. I would like to get some more of the heads. I have a ? to ask where did you get them or where could i get them. just post something and i will be sure to get back to you

thanks,
    FisherKid93

Hey FisherKid,

So glad to hear you recovered so quickly
    and had a great Christmas.

The flies are what I call dremel bugs.
    That particular one is a little slider I call a jellybean.*G* It is a sort of a
    minnow imitation which I've been told is
    pretty effective on trout and I know for a
    fact it's a good warmwater pattern. I'll
    be making some more soon for a swap and
    will send some more heads your way. Warm
    regards, Jim

This is a Killer for the Bluegills; it is tied with open cell foam that computer suppliers ship with hard drives or video cards. I use Must ad 9484 size 10-14. I punch out the foam with a shell casing from 22-250. Grizzly hackle, orange or red tail feathers and you now have the 22-250 gill Getter. It will float when it hits the water and eventually sink and act like an emerger. When the fish are on the beds or at the edge of lilies or blow downs hang on to the 3wt on have a ball.
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

**off topic**

fisherkid--

to get you started on playing that guitar, there are several books available at very reasonable prices that have "maps" of the various finger positions for making the chords. one in particular that i used and is absolutely fantastic is called "The Guitar Grimoir". there is also a really good one called "The Guitar Chord Bible". both of these books will give you plenty of things top practice, will give you a solid foundation before taking any lessons, and will give you the chords to learn how to play any song you want.

once you have the major chords down, than you should take a few lessons on music theory and composition, etc.

if you have any questions, ill help as much as i can. ive been playing for around 17 years...

------------------
    Everyone dies. Only the lucky ever truly Live. Take your time.

Chris-Bishop, CA, USA

[This message has been edited by tyflier (edited 29 December 2005).]

Old Geezer, I can't really tell by looking at your picture how the opencell foam is attached. Could you explain? The fly looks great! Thanks.

------------------
    David K. Spencer

DP, I slide the foam on the debarbed hook and then apply thread, tail, and tie down on the front of the foam, then hackle. I am a real newbie to this. But the fly works remarkably.

Great post and I'm takin notes
    Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

tyflier,

My parents did get me a book, and it has 3 whole chapters about strings and finger positions I just don't understand them that well, but I am still trying to figure it out.

thanks,
    FisherKid93

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

So far, the best flies I've used for panfish are the Black Widow in sz. 10, and a sz. 12 Pheasant Tail nympth.

Semper Fi!

A foam spider is deadly!
    throw under overhanging branches
    [url=http://www.buckeyeflyfishers.com/fly_tying/brown_spider/brown_spider.htm:6e9fd]http://www.buckeyeflyfishers.com/fly_tying/brown_spider/brown_spider.htm[/url:6e9fd]

[This message has been edited by teo (edited 29 December 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread