+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to do??

Default What to do??

Theres a great pond up the road from where I live. Unfortunatly it is very popular for the locals to feed the ducks. And the only shoreline access is right where everyone feeds the ducks. Now every where else around the pond is thick woods so theres no casting room. No personal boats. So the only other option is to wade out...heres where it gets tricky. Theres solid ground 5 feet out then a sudden drop off of the solid ground and your left standing in mud, it cannot be waded into. I tried and I kept sinking. I tried almost the entire shore line. May this pond be out of the question to fly fish in? Or is there something I can strap to my waders like snow shoes to distribute my weight? Thanks Guys!

Perfect the roll cast is the only thing I can think of, been in the same before, and that's all I knew to do, can be frustraiting and can be productive...

Tim

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Ugh...thats what I figured. Unfortunatly my only rod is a 6' 2wt and it doesnt go far with a roll cast.

I wonder if these would work: [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=310&item=716353326 4&rd=1#ebayphotohosting:867ed]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=310&item=716353326 4&rd=1#ebayphotohosting[/url:867ed]

Tim, I think that's a great and novel idea. In practice however, there is a big difference in the "suction power" of snow and underwater muck. If the muck is very loose, then the slightest wiggle of your shoe will tend to bury it. Don't know for sure, but you might wind up anchored to the bottom! Is a float tube considered a personal boat?

Let us know if you try it.

Jim

find the land owner and ask about the use of a float tube rather than trying to get stuck out there PLEASE!!!!!.....I'm sure if asked they'd not turn the idea down...

If you do try something like that...PLEASE wear a PFD of some kind and carry a long pole to aid in getting back out....leave the rod and fishing equip at home to....

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I was just kiding around! Theres now way I'd do that. I've got too much ahead of me to try an idea like that. billknepp, thats a good idea but its the countys property, and they dont listen to anyone, so thats a lost cause unfortunatly or that would have been my first course of action.

Night fishing? Like after the duck feeders have called it a day?
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

I could do that. And I have but the bugs and mosquitos are nuts. The only down side is that when you park theres only enough room for like 6 cars so its a small lot and its right on the road. Signs posted Park Closed After Dusk and this is one of the only parks around the area the DEC checks up on. But I'll give that a shot again, couldnt hurt to try. Thanks everyone!

+ Reply to Thread