+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you mostly like to fish alone or with others?

I usually fish with one or both of my two buddies, but I do like to fish alone. Just kind of relaxing, if there's no one else there.

I would say 75% of the time I fish alone and 90% of the time its the same body of water...that being said...I love going out with my two sons,but now that they older I like to be one on one with each of them when we fish.
    I think it's nice talk and share a lunch and a laugh...when we are all together it seems turn into a competition. We alway have visitors at the camp on most weekends and they want always to fish. Pete.

Durring the summer when I fish down at the beach I usually go with one of my friends or my father. Since were all using conventional rods, but when I'm FFing I always go by myself. It takes to much concentration, for me any way to focus on talking to a friend and casting. Plus its a time for me to relax.

For the last 8 yrs it has been with someone.
    Now that I'm back on shift work, will probably be more by my self again.

By my self is a rather relaxing time and is soothing to the stress level!!

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

While I don't mind fishing with others, I usually perfer fishing alone, which I do 95% of the time. When I fish with others, I find that I work a body of water much more throughly than most people and I feel compelled to move before I am finished fishing an area. I really enjoy the solitude and the freedom to do go where I want when I want,

Jim Smith

I fish alone almost 100% of the time. I like it that way. It keeps me sane. Also keeps the local people safe as I would be shooting anyone off a tall building. Flyfishing alone is good therapy for the soul

I fish with Roy. Though he usually makes sure I am set up and wanders off a little ways so we both have some solitude.

I am not that good a fisher and when I can't fish I take the camera and wander off to let Roy get on with the real fishing.

J

Mostly with my Son or Ladyfriend, sometimes with "the boys" but I think I fish more intently and learn more alone. I like the company, but I have a hard time with finding people to match the intensity I want to fish with. I don't like hacking around, I like to zone out with the method I'm using, and the surroundings, and 'be in the moment', not worrying about people being bored or hungry or wet, which I feel responsible for as a Dad and partner... All the guys I fish with are the same, when we do manage to link up- its like the brothers I never had. In fairness, my Son and girlfriend really do try to respect that- give me a few hours of hard fishing, and then I'm game for sidetrips, etc.

------------------
    "Knowledge is knowing, wisdom is understanding"

Depends where I am going. If I'm in cougar or bear country I will take someone along that I know can't out run me!

I fish alone most of the time although for safety reasons I try to make sure that there is at least someone nearby.I wouldn't mind the perfect fishing partner though,you know,someone who fishes almost the same as you do.That could be fun.

+ Reply to Thread